The Brony Chat

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Rage Post 1

Warning: The text you are about to read has a strong sense of personal opinion and moral, if you do not wish to read of my own thoughts, then ignore this post. Thank you.

What's up everyone? Today, after a grueling thought process on my drive home, I've decided to start a new series within my blog. Now, this will be filled with my own opinions on the matter, which WILL BE fueled by my own rage. What I type here may or may not be exaggerated by my own anger, so if you are offended, I am sorry, but deal with it.

Movie Theaters 1: The Lorax

What the FUCK are you doing!? You are a grown woman taking your child to see a movie. When your own damn kid, who is probably 6 or 7, is acting better than you, then you should probably rethink your decision to become a parent!

Honestly, really? The Lorax was a fantastic book made into a great movie that I was honestly hoping to see today without a bunch of noisy kids there. Ironically, the kids weren't the fucking problem! It was their MOTHERS! I was sitting with my grandmother who also wanted to watch the Lorax, and of course I was not embarrassed (hell I watch My Little Pony, I think being spotted at a kids movie with my grandmother wouldn't matter all that much) and in front of us to the left sat two families (without the fathers because it is about 2:30 at the time on a Wednesday so the fathers were at work I guess) with at least two kids each, with more kids brought about ten or so that must have been brought along either by will or by force. Well of course I thought the kids were going to be annoying as hell and laugh at every stupid childish joke and at serious moments that they think is funny. Boy was I fucking wrong. I only heard the kids at the moments that were supposed to be funny and the one serious moment where the Lorax lifts himself into the sky. Of course that ticked me off, but what REALLY ticked me off was the mothers! The MOTHERS were the ones laughing at every little thing and making stupid remarks and SINGING ALONG WITH THE GOD DAMN SONGS! Honestly women! THINK! You're in a god damn movie theater with twenty or so others that DID NOT come with you to see a damn movie, DON'T SING ALONG WITH THE SONG! Not only that, but they tried to start one of those clap-rhythm things that you do with certain beats. I have NEVER been so pissed off at a group before in my life, except for moments when I went to see midnight showings of Harry Potter.

The move The Lorax itself was really good. I've always had a firm belief in the ecosystem, though not to a major extent like some have. The songs they had were alright, I prefer the My Little Pony Friendship is Magic songs to them, but they were thought-out and they each delivered a message. One of them really spoke to me about man's ignorance, where the Once-Ler said "How bad can I be? How bad can I be? I'm doing what comes naturally!" and "how bad can I be? How bad can I be? I'm stimulating the economy!" Both of which wouldn't be understood by kids but by the adults or the young adults who grew up with Dr. Suess and know about the economy and ecosystem and such. Would I recommend the movie? Yes. If you have read the Lorax, I would say go ahead and watch the movie, I thought it was good. Just beware the mothers.

Facebook Likes and Shares

Come on people! Use your damn brains! No one cares about you or your "beautiful" teens or your "cutest" couples! I go on Facebook to update my status, see what my friends are up to, and that's it. I don't CARE what you share or what you like unless I am specifically involved! Where's that "No one cares!" Pinkie Pie pic...If anyone has it, post it on my FJ profile, I seem to be lacking it. I would LOVE to upload that to my Facebook. Anyway, these stupid shares are ridiculous! I am Christian, yes blah blah I don't care about your flame. Anyway, there are stupid shares going around that say "Like this if ___!" with a picture of Jesus or a cell phone that says "God" is calling and it irritates me to no end! I'm not even atheist and this pisses me off! I believe in God. I believe in Jesus. If I were to get a message in my dreams from God or Jesus or any angel, I would follow that message to my death. Of course, I'd know if it were true or not because I'd actually remember it perfectly and vividly, but that's not the point here. The point is even though I believe in God and Jesus, I am not going to go around on Facebook, liking and sharing stupid photos and shoving my nose in all my friends' faces saying "Hey look, I'm Catholic, I like Jesus, I'm going to tell everyone on the internet!" It's stupid, stop it, no one cares.

That's it for now. For anyone who went through and actually read this, thank you. Leave any comments below, you know the drill. If you wish to argue my views, leave a comment, I'll read it. If I judge it worthy enough, I will make a reply in a new post. Otherwise I'll either ignore it or simply respond to it in the comment section. If you have a topic you want me to review in another Rage Post, mention it below, I'll look up information about it and give my point of view. At the moment, I will NOT review Kony 2012. I have information from both sides, but I will not give the Invisible Children any more publicity than they already have. If anyone wants to know about my views, visit the Visible Children on tumblr. They have the actual facts.

Farewell!

No comments:

Post a Comment