The Brony Chat

Saturday, December 8, 2012

The Alicorn Amulet Part 2

"Destroy the Alicorn Amulet? But it's a powerful, ancient artifact. Can we really destroy it?" Twilight looked up at Princess Celestia. "I've always heard powerful artifacts had to be destroyed a certain way."

Celestia nodded. "Yes, you must go on a journey. It's too dangerous to go alone, so I have someone to go with you."

Twilight looked at Celestia, confused. "I'm not going with my friends from Ponyville?"

Celestia shook her head. "I'm afraid this is too dangerous to bring anypony who isn't adept at magic. I'm afraid your friends would only be in grave danger. That is why I've brought somepony else you know." Celestia looked at the large door at the back of the room. "Come in, Trixie."

Twilight turned around. "Trixie? She's the whole reason this mess started!" Twilight watched as Trixie walked in, wearing her usual cape and hat. She walked up to Celestia and bowed.

"The Great and Powerful Trixie is here to help, Princess." Trixie turned to Twilight. "As soon as the Princess asked me if I could help, I quickly agreed. I feel responsible for all of this, it is only right that I do something to help."

Twilight looked at Trixie, then to Celestia. "Well, I appreciate the offer, but I think I can handle this alone."

Trixie shook her head. "You've seen what that Alicorn Amulet to do. Even with myself wearing it, you were no match for me. You need me, Twilight. You have no idea what you may face out there."

Twilight looked at Celestia. Celestia nodded and smiled. "Do not worry, I have the greatest faith in Trixie."

Trixie smiled and bowed once again. Twilight sighed. "So where does this journey take us?"

Celestia's smile faded. "I do not know."

Twilight shook her head. "Then what am I going to do?"

Celestia's horn began to glow and a large book floated into the room. "The Alicorn Amulet is one of three powerful artifacts. You cannot destroy one without all three being present." The book's pages began to turn rapidly until they stopped on a page with a picture of a necklace with wings at the top left and right of the pendant. "This is the Pegasus Pendant. Whoever wears this will obtain all powers of a Pegasus. Not near as powerful or deadly as the Alicorn Amulet, however, it corrupts just as the Alicorn Amulet does. Only, not for power." Celestia's eyes closed. "The Pegasus Pendant corrupts the body. All ponies have magic within them, and each pony needs this magic to survive. The Pegasus Pendant absorbs that magic. For the first few days, nothing will seem wrong. However, after a week of wearing it, the body will begin to thin. Eventually, the pony wearing it will be nothing more than bones." The pages began to turn once again, stopping on a picture of another necklace, this one having a small protrusion out of the top middle. "This is the Unicorn Necklace. This one is not as powerful as the Alicorn Amulet, but it does not corrupt the user in any way. It is said to be the only benign of the three."

Twilight studied each of the pictures in turn. After Celestia finished explaining, she looked up at her. "Then we need to find the Pegasus Pendant and the Unicorn Necklace?" Twilight nodded. "Any leads on where the two are located?"

Celestia shook her head. "No leads on locations. However, there was something that struck us as odd. In Manehatten, there were claims of an earth pony who could walk on clouds. You two should quickly get to Manehatten, perhaps the Pegasus Pendant is there." Celestia looked at the stain glass window depicting Spike holding up the Crystal Heart which had been created after Spike saved the Crystal Kingdom from King Sombra. "I'll send out scouts to the different cities. Be careful, you two. You don't know what you may face."

No comments:

Post a Comment