The Brony Chat

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

It's a Mighty War

Hello everyone! As you may have noticed, a lot of crap has happened lately. I've decided that, until Season 3, I'll be updating this blog with a variety of things that probably won't have anything to do with ponies. I don't want to be like Equestria Daily, because Equestria Daily is Equestria Daily. So I've decided to be more personal with my blog and just share what I do and what I like. After all, it's "TheBronyWay," and there is no set brony way.

Guild Wars 2

So, I'm a sucker for a good MMORPG. Guild Wars 2 has been something I've been looking forward to getting all summer. It looks like everything I've ever wanted in an MMO. Tough PvP, not too much grinding, the way you learn your skills, it all appeals to me.

Funny story, I actually bought Guild Wars 2 twice. The first time was back in my hometown. I pre-ordered a physical copy of the disc. Well, after the release date was announced, I asked to have it changed to a digital copy because I was moving 12 hours away to attend college at Texas Tech University. Well, they didn't do that, but they didn't tell me they didn't do that. I ended up having to buy it once again, from Gamestop, only this time the deluxe edition. So I spent about $140 dollars on this game and didn't even get the Collector's Edition. Pretty crazy, right? I suggest that, if ever in this situation, cancel the order and just order it again from the Gamestop where you're moving to or will be near at the time of delivery or release. It'll save you a lot of money.

So, I'm going to write a small story about Guild Wars 2, or rather, about my female character (who's name probably won't be open, so I'll have to make a last name or possibly change the name, so this isn't final) Fiction. Why female? No it's not because I'm gay or because I want to be a woman, I just like the idea behind a female...Well, you'll see soon enough.

College

Yes, your little ThePikachu (now known as FictionxXx, so I'll be using this from now on unless asked otherwise), has grown up. I recently moved to Lubbock, Texas and I'm attending Texas Tech. Why give you all this information? Why not? Unless any of you out there plan to kill me or something, I don't really care if you know what college I'm staying at. I live on campus, inside a dorm hall which I won't be giving the name of. It's a nice little room, I have a roommate as well. However, I don't think he's a brony. The subject has never come up, but considering my pony background on my laptop, it may eventually. My classes are...really easy. I've taken all but one of them before, but right now we're actually learning some new things in History, it's really interesting learning about the Native Americans and this funny device called the atlatl (pronounced at-ul-at-ul). The only thing I really dislike about college is the inability to cook my own food and doing my own laundry. Now, why laundry? Well, I have to walk down two flights of stairs and down a hallway to get to the laundry room, all while carrying this huge red laundry basket. It's not fun. We have a mini-fridge and a microwave, so we're good to go for the most part.

The Story

She stood on the outside wall, overlooking the battlefield. The tall, lean woman scowled, watching as her guildmates fell, one by one, protecting the gates. Fiction shook her head, turning around as she heard footsteps approaching.

General Kriege emerged from the shadows. In the dead of night, it was difficult to see the small asura. That was not how Kriege liked it, however. She was breathing heavily. Blood was on her weapons and herself, but after a quick inspection it was clear that it was not her own blood. General Kriege stood straight. "We're outnumbered, big time. Our army is falling fast, Mistress. We need to retreat."

Fiction nodded and looked back over the battlefield. "Danielle, or General Kriege, tell the troops to retreat behind the gates." She scratched her chin. "I want at least three Elementalists per gate. Tell them to use their largest area spells on the troops attacking our gates on the grounds. I want rangers at the peaks firing down on the enemy."

General Kriege shook her head. "I don't understand, their main force is at the front gate. Why do you want to spread our few Elementalists apart?"

Fiction stared down at the battle. "They'll have small groups come around to flank us. I want each gate guarded. We won't have to guard them for long."

Kriege nodded. "Do we have reinforcements coming in?"

Fiction smiled. "We hold the northernmost castle. We're flanked on each side by an enemy. Thankfully, our enemies are enemies of themselves."

On the horizon, banners started appearing. "They're going to come and kill the army that's attacking us, but they're going to suffer major damage as well. Remember, General, this is a three castle war. No one likes the other." Fiction turned away from the battle. "General, give my orders ASAP. We don't have much time." Fiction nodded. "This war has just begun."

Closing

Yes, the story was small and not really well-written, but I enjoyed writing it. I'll see you all next time I update.

No comments:

Post a Comment