The Brony Chat

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Post 21 My Little Absentee (Repost)

Hello everypony! ThePikachu is back with another post!
I can't hide my disappointment at all. First, we shall start with the new episode.
The Cutie Pox has struck Apple Bloom! A dozen different cutie marks can't be good. Especially when these cutie marks FORCE you to do their talent, which spanned from hula-hooping to speaking French to tap dancing. Poor Apple Bloom just can't wait can she? Today's episode was good. I enjoyed the message behind it, as well as the writing. The plot may have been a bit obvious but it is a child's show, or at least it was supposed to be, so it is to be expected.

Come on though...Leaving Fluttershy out two episodes in a row? Rarity was left out of 1 episode, then got an episode. In that episode, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, RBD, and Twilight Sparkle never showed. This episode, only Fluttershy was absent. That makes 2 episodes in a row where Fluttershy was missing. Is she on vacation or something? Fluttershy is one of the most popular characters according to different internet polls. Why, then, would they leave Fluttershy out of this episode and not give her her own episode? And what really annoys me is the next four announced episodes have almost nothing to do with Fluttershy, if anything at all. These episodes are:
"May the Best Pet Win!"
"The Mysterious Mare Do Well"
"Sweet and Elite"
"Secret of My Excess"
The first two deal with Rainbow Dash, which is good news for RBD fans. The next one jumps back to Rarity. The last is a Spike episode, which is really surprising seeing a Spike episode this early in the season. I am disappointed though. They gave us two episodes dealing with the CMC before even giving the mane six a single episode each. And ten episodes in, Fluttershy has had barely any parts. The only real part she had was in The Return of Harmony parts 1 and 2, and then in Luna Eclipse where she talked with Luna and Twilight. Her few lines in Lesson Zero do not count towards what I am going for. My point, however, still stands. Ten episodes, barely any Fluttershy. I hope Fluttershy gets her episode soon, I'm getting pretty tired of seeing every other pony getting so much screen time, then Fluttershy getting next to nothing. I've seen background ponies getting more screen time than the mane six.

Enough of my ranting. Apparently the 300K get did not ask for a new thread, so we are still on Pony Thread 13. That's good, because that means the 350 and 400K challenges still stand, which I plan on winning for my friends. 


Now that I think about it, I am quite curious...Who is the mysterious mare, and what will be Rainbow Dash's new pet? I guess we'll just have to wait for those episodes! Farewell everypony! ThePikachu is out.



1 comment:

  1. i loved a lot my little pony is the best program in the world and when i say the word: my little pony my heart is happy!

    ReplyDelete